Key Points for off-shore considerations based on 6.0 years Excel Global experience:
- Customer desire to have off-shore build in Asia-China for fast lead time and low cost tooling
- Customer tooling project budget strains or appreciation for seamless low cost options
- Sufficient time between 1st shots & tool graining for large tools (avoid air expedite after off-shore tryout)
- Injection Molds that do not require 'Grain/Texture' offer even better fit for off-shore project
- Tools less than 2,000 Ton press size
Info on Excel Global, LLC Off-Shore Tooling:
- Standard cost include tool delivery from Asia-China to USA by sea boat
- Tooling quoted with USA Domestic Quality Steel as opposed to cheaper Asian steel
- All quotes include China T1 off-shore tryout with 5 sample parts provided
- Resin procurement for use in Asia-China and Local USA try-out coordination available
- 3 day Part & Resin air expedites available to and from USA & China
- 5 day Tool air expedites available for faster delivery of injection molds from China to USA
We support an Asian staff of English speaking Engineers, managed by an "on-site" American Managing Partner, that are experienced with US Domestic Tooling standards.
Unlike a "broker" or "rep" that simply submits a marked up quote from a low cost Asian tool shop then goes away after the sale, we remain directly involved with the program until delivery of tooling, offering legitimate Engineering Program Management and Tool Build support to our domestic customers.
Instead of simply "forwarding" tooling progress by periodic digital photos of Asian tooling, our assigned English speaking Engineer follows the tool build in Asia & reports findings, concerns & progress directly to our domestic - local Program Manager.
- Excel Global Off-Shore Tooling.ppt <-----(Click here for more info on Excel Global low cost off-shore tooling)